Respecting your privacy
The policy refers to Bug – R – Off Pest Control
What personal information do we collect and hold? – General Information
The types of information that we collect and hold about you could include:
- ID information such as your name, postal or email address, telephone numbers
What do we collect via your website activity?
We monitor your use of our website to identify ways we can improve our services for you.
We also know that some customers like to engage with us through social media channels. We may collect information about you when you interact with us through these channels.
To improve our services and products, we sometimes collect de-identified information from web users. That information could include IP addresses or geographical information.
Cookies allow website operators to assign a unique identifier to a computer, which can be used to associate requests made to the website by that computer.
Cookies indicate to a website that a computer has been there before and can be used to record things such as what parts of a website or other websites have been visited from that computer.
This cookie does not allow us to collect personally identifiable information about you, but is used:
- to allocate an identification number to your Internet browser (you cannot be identified from this number);
- to determine if you have previously visited the website;
- to track and report on website performance;
- to identify other pages or third parties’ websites you have accessed;
- for security purposes.
Cookies do not store customer identifiable information and are not used for marketing or tracking of individuals. If these cookies are of concern they can be turned off.
If you wish, you can generally configure your browser so that it does not receive cookies, but if you do so some of the functionality of our website may not be available. If cookies are disabled a service may not recognize you or not operate effectively.
How we collect and hold your information
We understand that your personal information needs to be looked after and isn’t something you leave lying around for just anybody to take. So unless it’s unreasonable or impracticable, we will try to collect personal information directly from you (referred to as ‘solicited information’). For this reason, it’s important that you help us to do this and keep your contact details up-to-date.
There are many ways we seek information from you. We might collect your information when you fill out a form with us, either in paper or electronic format, when you’ve given us a call, used our websites or visited one of our branches. We also find using electronic means, such as email or SMS, a convenient way to communicate with you.
Sometimes we collect information about you from other sources. We do this only if it’s necessary to do so. Instances of when we may need to include where:
- we can’t get hold of you and we rely on publicly available information to update your contact details
What do we do when we get information we didn’t ask for?
People sometimes share information with us we haven’t sought out (referred to as ‘unsolicited information’). Where we receive unsolicited personal information about you, we will check whether that information is reasonably necessary for our functions or activities. If it is, we’ll handle this information the same way we do with other information we seek from you. If not, we’ll ensure we do the right thing and destroy or de-identify it.
We store information in different ways, including in paper and electronic form. The security of your personal information is important to us and we take reasonable steps to protect it from misuse, interference and loss, and from unauthorized access, modification or disclosure. Some of the ways we do this are:
- confidentiality requirements of our employees;
- document storage security policies;
- security measures for access to our systems;
- only giving access to personal information to a person who is verified to be able to receive that information;
- control of access to our buildings; and
- electronic security systems, such as firewalls and data encryption on our websites.
We can store personal information physically or electronically with third party data storage providers. Where we do this, we use contractual arrangements to ensure those providers take appropriate measures to protect that information and restrict the uses to which they can put that information.
What happens when we no longer need your information?
We’ll only keep your information for as long as we require it for our purposes. When we no longer require your information, we’ll ensure that it is destroyed or de-identified.
Because we offer a range of services and products, collecting your personal information allows us to provide you with the products and services you’ve asked for. This means we can use your information to:
- you with information about products and services;
- consider your request for products and services, including your eligibility;
- process your application and provide you with products and services; and
- administer accounts, products and services which include answering your requests and complaints, varying those accounts, products and services, taking any required legal action in relation to your account.
We may use or disclose your personal information to let you know about products and services from across the Company that might better serve your needs, or running competitions or promotions and other opportunities in which you may be interested.
We may conduct these marketing activities via email, telephone, SMS, iM, mail, or any other electronic means. We may also market our products to you through third party channels (such as social networking sites), or based on your use of Company programs. We will always let you know that you can opt out from receiving our third party or Company program marketing offers.
On those occasions when we market to prospective customers, we are happy to let them know how we obtained their information and will provide easy to follow opt-outs.
With your consent, we may disclose your personal information to third parties such as brokers or agents, or for the purpose of connecting you with other businesses or customers. You can ask us not to do this at any time. We won’t sell your personal information to any organization outside of the Company.
Yes, You Can Opt-Out
You can let us know at any time if you no longer wish to receive direct marketing offers from the Company (see ‘Contact Us’). We will process your request as soon as practicable.
- identifying you or verifying your authority to act on behalf of a customer;
- telling you about other products or services that may be of interest to you, or running competitions and other promotions (this can be via email, telephone, SMS, iM, mail, or any other electronic means including via social networking forums), unless you tell us not to;
- assisting in arrangements with other organizations (such as loyalty partners) in relation to a product or service we make available to you;
- allowing us to run our business and perform administrative and operational tasks, such as:
- training staff;
- developing and marketing products and services;
- risk management;
- systems development and testing, including our websites and other online channels;
- undertaking planning, research and statistical analysis;
- determining whether a beneficiary will be paid a benefit;
- preventing or investigating any fraud or crime, or any suspected fraud or crime;
- as required by law, regulation or codes binding us; and
- for any purpose for which you have given your consent.
What do we do with government-related identifiers?
In certain circumstances we may be required to collect government-related identifiers such as your tax file number. We will not use or disclose this information unless we are authorized by law.
This Policy may change. We will let you know of any changes to this Policy by posting a notification on our website. Any information collected after an amended privacy statement has been posted on the site, will be subject to that amended privacy statement.
We care about your privacy. Please contact us if you have any questions or comments about our privacy policies and procedures. We welcome your feedback.
You can contact us by:
- submitting a mailed or emailed request;
- calling our Privacy Officer; or
- speaking to us, In person.